Pasture-raised, free-range chicken
If you have never tasted poultry raised on pasture, you don’t know what you’re missing. Our birds’ incredible taste is due to the healthy environment and activity that are part of their everyday routine. Our Freedom Ranger chickens have ability to naturally forage, making their signature dark meat delicious, tender, and more flavorful than other chicken breeds commonly available.
Free-Range Chickens are Healthier!
- You are not just what you eat. You’re also what you eat ate! Our chickens eat a natural diet that allows them to eat a full range of nutrients.
- Free-range chicken is high in protein and low in fat. One free-range chicken breast contains over 50% of your recommended daily protein intake and has very little fat.
- More of the good, none of the bad: Pastured Meat contains more Omega-3 Fatty acids, more Vitamins specifically A and E. While having no antibiotics or artificial hormones.
Pastured Chickens are Happier!
- We believe in pasture-raised, free-range chicken. Free-range means our chickens live their natural lifestyle: eat their natural diet (grass and bugs), get fresh air and sun, all while roaming open-pastured with other chickens.
- Conventional store-bought chickens often never see the light of day, live in harsh conditions, often carry pathogens, and are fed antibiotics to speed their growth rate. We don’t support this or believe animals should be treated this way, which is why we do it the right way, with respect for our animals.
- Happier and healthier you! Studies show free-range chicken taste better, but you won’t need studies to prove that once you try it. Also, a healthier chicken means a healthier you and life is so much better when you have your vitality.
Erba Verde Farms Chicken
Our chicken is sold either whole or butchered into a breast, thigh, leg, and wing portions. The chickens are vacuum packed in a heavy plastic shrink wrap for storage up to two years to prevent freezer burn.
Fresh (not frozen) chickens are available at the farm on the day they are harvested (see dates below), or frozen chicken can be picked up or delivered all year round. Pre-order discounts are also available; please see our order form for complete details.
2021 fresh chicken pickup dates
Pasture-raised Freedom Ranger chickens with soy-free, organic feed
June 23, July 21 and August 11
To order whole chickens or butchered portions, please see our PDF order form.
Please indicate your date preference(s) on the order form and the quantity you’d like on each date.